With each passing day, the web development sphere is revolutionizing the way people see and use applications, websites, products, and much more. Thanks to an array of the best frontend frameworks that are offering unforgettable user experiences and satisfying business requirements with next-gen web development imperatives.
However, choosing the right framework for your software development is not an easy job. You need to have clear market research and an understanding of the pros and cons. But not to worry, we are here to save your time and energy with our crystal clear recommendation.
This blog shall help you walk through the list of the top frontend frameworks of 2021 and choose what best suits your next web development project.
A ‘Framework’ is an ambit of programs you can use to develop applications. To be precise, if you consider a book as a ‘Programming Language’ then the framework symbolizes a ‘Library’. And you need an all-inclusive vetted library to satisfy all your readers.
So, let’s move forward and take a deeper dive into the universe of the most popular frontend frameworks, their pros, cons, and use cases.
· Easy to learn, understand, use, and execute
· Dynamic web application development is easier
· Its reusable components make apps easier to maintain and develop
· Constant technology updates lead to poor documentation
· It just covers UI layers of your app
· React enabled high-end modulation and lesser time for updating Yahoo Mail’s user interface
· Most of the components of the Airbnb application are made with React
·Two-way data binding enables you to reduce the development time
·Directives feature helps to create rich and dynamic content
· Makes components more reusable, easy to test, and manage with dependency injection
· Single-page applications (SPAs) and dynamic applications shall present an inconvenience
· More time is required to migrate legacy systems from AngularJS to Angular
· Angular is complex and displays verbosity
· YouTube’s version on PlayStation 3 is the best example of the best frontend frameworks
· Angular helped The Guardian to develop the unlimited scrolling of search results
3. Vue.js: Vue.js is used to create single-page apps and progressive web interfaces for both mobile as well as desktop. In 2019, it became the 2nd most loved frontend framework to curate user interfaces.
· You can download and install the library very quickly
· It works well for unit-testing and is easy to read and understand
· It has a robust tool system and includes an array of new functions
· English-speaking-only shall have problems understanding the Chinese instructions
· Reactivity system makes mistakes while reading the data
· It doesn’t have that good support to handle large-scale projects
· Its component-based structure made it the perfect fit for IBM Hybrid Cloud Design
· Alibaba made use of Vue,js as its go-to frontend platform
· Delivers faster results and is competitive
· Being one of the best UI frameworks gives it good compatibility with cross-platforms
· You can download and learn it easily
· It’s highly vulnerable to alterations
· It can lead to massive errors in the future if not used with a proper JS foundation
· jQuery is slower as compared to CSS
· Quora made use of jQuery to enhance its graphical interface
· Uber has it in its technology stack
5. Emberjs: It’s a worth-mentioning frontend development framework that allows developing dynamic SPAs. Emberjs is a Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) architectural pattern-based full-featured open-source framework.
· The size of its package ecosystem is very well-developed
· Easy generation of an entire app by using only one command in a short time
· It’s backwards-compatible and avoids spoiling applications
· Quite challenging to learn and proves heavy for small-scale applications
· It’s sluggish and your project may suffer stagnation
· Offers very little flexibility and configuration
· LinkedIn made use of Emberjs to enhance their UX/UI
· The framework helped Netflix to be more scalable and modern
6. Backbonejs: It’s one of the best frontend frameworks that allows you to orchestrate your JS code in a Model View Controller (MVC) pattern. Its collection and redrawing capabilities of the Document Object Model (DOM) are great.
· It’s easy to learn, understand, and is lightweight
· The framework offers good control over performance
· You can store your data in models rather than DOM
· The architecture is not clear with the provision of some elemental tools
· You cannot be more productive with Backbonejs
· It lacks two-way data binding support making it complex
· Trello made use Backbonejs to handle dynamic re-syncs and updates
· Hulu made use of this framework to generate fast user experiences for movie lovers
· Semantic UI is very easy to use and is intuitive
· Designs a page or develops a project rapidly
· There is a good range of themes available on the framework
· Its browser compatibility is weak
· Less responsive to cover all mobile devices
· Has a smaller community on GitHub
· Snapchat keeps Semantic UI in its tech stack to offer an impressive user experience
· Accenture made use of this frontend framework to make its website more intuitive
8. Foundation: Foundation is one of the best frontend frameworks 2021 outlining the collection of JS, HTML, and CSS. It’s one of the top existing frameworks used by developers to build custom sites and apps.
· Allows designing for multiple screen sizes at ease
· Block grid feature converting unarranged list into a proper grid format
· Easily customizable and extensible while choosing add-ons
· Learning Foundation would be hard if you are a beginner
· It has a limited number of components
· The framework might create problem for large-scale projects
· Adobe uses Foundation UI to boost speed and utility
· Foundation UI is helping Cisco to be responsive and handy
9. Svelte: It’s the first and foremost compile-time framework that offers less coding. Its ability to convert an app into ideal JS at build times rather than rendering your app code at runtime makes it one of the best frontend frameworks.
· It has a pretty strong Server-Side Rendering (SSR) implementation called Sapper
· Proposes fast development capabilities with a great learning curve
· The framework offers easy mobile implementation
· It has a very low number of packages in comparison to its competitors
· It creates confusion related to syntax and variable names
· Many difficulties arise due to its compiler-like pattern
· Spotify uses Svelte for its landing page
· The framework is helping Noppo to offer a slick interactive UX/UI
From developing mobile-friendly websites to creating minimalistic apps on the go, the list of these best frontend frameworks have come a long way. It’s obvious that choosing one from such an intuitive list is nothing less than a challenge. But this post shall surely be helpful in selecting the right one out of the various frontend web development frameworks available above and in the market.
So, what’s holding you back, choose the best and get going!
What’s on your mind? Tell us a little bit about yourself and your question, and we will be in touch with you within 12 hours
Free eBook on Telemedicine Platform Development: All About TelemedicineDownload Free eBook Now!