6 steps to choose technology stack for your web app
What is the technology stack?
Structure of a technology stack
- Front-End: Here are the following three technologies mostly used for front-end development:
- Hypertext Markup Language [HTML]: defining the proper structure of the information that was presented in the browser.
- Cascading Style Sheets [CSS]: It is used to determine the style of the app content like fonts, colors, and layouts.
- Back-End: Basically, the back-end component powers the front-end allowing website users to perform specific actions. Unlike the front-end, back-end handles the server-side communication and is not visible to the end-user. And the back-end languages are Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, CoffeeScript, Erlang so on.
- Middleware: It is the layer in a technology stack that consists of content management systems, web servers, and other similar tools that support web application development.
These middlewares are written in C# OR Java languages which simplify data management and communication processes between the front-end and the back-end.
Exclusive Benefits of Choosing the Best Stack
Adopting the best tech stack for an app can be profitable to your enterprise in many approaches. The benefits of keeping the best tech stack are:
- The core performance of your output or solution will be substantial.
- Your developers can code better and quicker, and you can retain the corresponding developers for coming projects.
- Your solution’s coding base will be simple to maintain while keeping the back stacks that lead to additional subsistence costs and technological commitments.
- The stack will be properly documented, and it would be clear to fix simple bugs and/or execution issues.
Disadvantages of Choosing the Incorrect Stack
Choosing the incorrect tech stack can be an expensive mistake, and you may encounter subsequent troubles:
- For selecting a tech stack needs much deliberation and time to choose
- Some of the tardiest tech stacks have constant update cycles that will need frequent adjustments to restrain the application running with the most advanced codebase.
- You may find trouble finding qualified developers.
- The technology stack might downshift unsustainably.
How to choose the appropriate tech stack for a web application?
- Keep it simple: If you want to build a product from scratch, then the best option is to use the most natural solution. For a landing page, WordPress or Unbounce can be the best platform to use.Create an attractive and informative website page that can deliver relevant information regarding your product to the customers. It is essential to gauge interest in your product; otherwise, you will feel trouble building it.Just keep it in your mind, create a simple and easily accessible product to drag the customers’ attention. Don’t overthink too much to use complex technology as no technology will wind up before your product in most cases.
- Identify your requirements: Use technology that fits your development needs Doesn’t try new techniques that you don’t have a decent idea of or if you have doubts about the processes of its implementation.Some things are better done in one language than another; for example, Python is a greater option for computation and statistics.
- Licenses: When deciding on a tech stack, be sure to apply solutions that are open source. They are free of charge and are obtainable for use with limitless modifications, according to the project requirements.We all know open-source technologies reduce initial development costs as well as the maintenance fees.
- Developer community and documentation: When you are dealing with obscure technologies, sometimes it may be tricky for a developer to identify a proper solution on a defined problem.In that case, developers are trying to figure out how they can make a valid code that can manage the errors and direct the post-deployment modifications.Always consider technologies with proper documentation and a considerable developer community for your project. This combination ensures to find out the necessary solution quickly. Well, a vibrant community of expert developers and contributors can identify how to prevail over an issue if the documentation lacks the solution.
- Security Concern
There is no denying the fact that security is one of the critical factors. Security concerns should never be neglected. It would help if you remembered, technology has some limitations— keep it in your mind that the responsibility of security depends on your developers’ skill, experience, the office environment, and the methods you implement.
- Just Get started: If you have a startup, getting to this ever-changing market is the primary concern than having the perfect technology. In the beginning, focus on your business and marketing processes rather than the suitable tech stack solution.In your early stage, maybe you don’t have enough knowledge, but you can fine-tune or optimize all the necessary things or change technology stack as you grow.