6 Steps To Choose Technology Stack For Web Application
What is the technology stack?
Structure of a technology stack
- Front-End: Here are the following three technologies mostly used for front-end development:
- Hypertext Markup Language [HTML]: defining the proper structure of the information that was presented in the browser.
- Cascading Style Sheets [CSS]: It is used to determine the style of the app content like fonts, colors, and layouts.
- Back-End: Basically, the back-end component powers the front-end allowing website users to perform specific actions. Unlike the front-end, back-end handles the server-side communication and is not visible to the end-user. And the back-end languages are Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, CoffeeScript, Erlang so on.
- Middleware: It is the layer in a technology stack that consists of content management systems, web servers, and other similar tools that support web application development.
These middlewares are written in C# OR Java languages which simplify data management and communication processes between the front-end and the back-end.
Exclusive Benefits of Choosing the Best Stack
Adopting the best technology stack for web application can be profitable to your enterprise in many approaches. The benefits of keeping the best tech stack are:
- The core performance of your output or solution will be substantial.
- Your developers can code better and quicker, and you can retain the corresponding developers for coming projects.
- Your solution’s coding base will be simple to maintain while keeping the back stacks that lead to additional subsistence costs and technological commitments.
- The stack will be properly documented, and it would be clear to fix simple bugs and/or execution issues.
Disadvantages of Choosing the Incorrect Stack
Choosing the incorrect tech stack can be an expensive mistake, and you may encounter subsequent troubles:
- For selecting a tech stack needs much deliberation and time to choose
- Some of the tardiest tech stacks have constant update cycles that will need frequent adjustments to restrain the application running with the most advanced codebase.
- You may find trouble finding qualified developers.
- The technology stack might downshift unsustainably.
Looking To Change Your Development Team. Here Is What You Need To Secure
How to choose the appropriate tech stack for a web application?
- Keep it simple: If you want to build a product from scratch, then the best option is to use the most natural solution. For a landing page, WordPress or Unbounce can be the best platform to use. Create an attractive and informative website page that can deliver relevant information regarding your product to the customers. For a mobile application, native development using Swift/Objective C/ Java can be preferred. It is essential to gauge interest in your product; otherwise, you will feel trouble building it. Just keep it in your mind, create a simple and easily accessible product to drag the customers’ attention. Don’t overthink too much to use complex technology as no technology will wind up before your product in most cases.
- Identify your requirements: Use technology that fits your development needs. Don’t try new techniques that you don’t have an idea about or if you have doubts about the processes of its implementation. Some things are better done in one language than another; for example, Python is a greater option for computation and statistics.
- Licenses: When deciding on a tech stack, be sure to apply solutions that are open source. They are free of charge and are obtainable for use with limitless modifications, according to the project requirements. Open-source technologies have greater talent availability and zero dependency or fee required.
- Developer community and documentation: When you are dealing with obscure technologies, developers do get stuck. Consider technologies with proper documentation and a considerable developer community for your project. Also take into consideration the developer access that you have. This combination ensures to find out the necessary solution quickly. Well, a vibrant community of expert developers and contributors can identify how to prevail over an issue if the documentation lacks the solution.
- Just Get started: If you have a startup, getting quickly to this ever-changing market is the main concern rather than having the perfect technology. In the beginning, focus on your business and marketing processes rather than spending time to choose the perfect tech stack solution. In your early stage, maybe you don’t have enough knowledge, or limitations known hence just get started. You can fine-tune or optimize all the necessary things or change technology stack as you grow.